We had a really special time last Saturday on our Christianity Explored day away. Comments about the course including:
- Thought provoking
- Reassuring and Challenging
- Good DVD and Humour
Above all, there was a feeling we didn’t want the fellowship to stop. So we held a brainstorming session thinking how to run the small groups next term. We had a full and frank debate and we eventually managed to answer the following questions:
What are they for?
- Fellowship (including coffee!)
- Ministry of the word
- Looking outwards onto the world
When and where?
- Wednesday afternoon/evenings
(with a combined social or Saturday thrown in!)
- St Barnabas/St Michael’s
- With a recognition that not everyone can make these times or places
- Both churches
- Mixed group
- Aimed not just at churchgoers but also newcomers
What do we need?
- Trained leaders
- Material that is relevant
- Time for each other
So next term we will be looking at Joseph – a practical example of what it means to live out your faith in a real-life situation, rejected by your family, falsely accused, held in prison. Join us for the next step of this exciting journey!